Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving Photo History Tour!

Thanksgiving photo madness! While wandering around the house during a post Thanksgiving meal haze, I started rummaging through drawers to see what I'd find. I hit the jackpot when I went through my old room, which is now my dad's "Gadget Room", and storage space. Pictures. I found pictures upon pictures. They are ridiculous, and I've posted some winners here..enjoy.

First, we'll start with yours truly. The first few pics, I'll call "The Constipated Look Of Fear".

I don't know why I used to get this look when I was scared, but my parents laugh and laugh about it when reminded. They said that during situations where I felt uncomfortable, I'd clam up, and get this look of fear mixed with the look of a constipated person. I never really cried during scary situations, I'd just get the look and avoid eye contact with whatever was making me uncomfortable.

Here are a few from a visit to Disneyland in 1983:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Apparently I don't like big Fox like mascots hugging me tightly. Not even my mouse ear hat could cheer me up.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Snow White was terrifying. These pics are bringing back horrible memories. Memories I've surpressed for years...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ok, well at this point, I'm full on crying. I guess it's safe to say that Disneyland was not the happiest place on Earth during that moment. I have to remember to thank mom and dad for the trauma.

Here's a pic from a visit with Santa:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The look on my face seems to say: "Stop touching me there Santa"

I guess gifts scared me too:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Moving on, I found a picture of awesome hair:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My favorite hair themed picture is simply called "Prince Valiant Hair"
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I asked my mom who was responsible for this hair, and she goes "Oh I cut your hair". Upon being asked why she would do such a thing, she responded, "I cut your hair that way so that you could look like dad". I then asked my dad "Uh, why did you cut your hair Prince Valiant style?" and he goes "I don't know, that's just the way your mom always cut my hair".

And I was Superman once:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I remember the day this photo was taken. I was at daycare and it was Halloween. If you look you'll see a bit of red flapping on the left side of the pic. That kid had my exact same costume on. I thought it was great, that we were twin Supermans. He on the other hand hated the idea, so much so that he cried.

People often ask me if I have always been so manly and sexy. Judging by this photo:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I think it's safe to say that the answer is undeniably "Yes".

Moving on, our photo history journey brings us to my sister Cheryl.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My sister, like me enjoys the wonders of food:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here my sister is probably discussing hard hitting current events with grandpa. Since this was the 80's they were probably talking about the Iran Contra scandal. Either that, or she's telling him she just filled her diapers with poo.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My sister was also in the movie "Breakin' 3: Toddler Edition"
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Finally, our tour concludes with my parents. I look at these photos, then look at my actual parents and can't help but ask, "Who are you guys and what happened to the people in the photos?"

This is a pic of my mom:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Another with her on the left, and some person I don't know:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is a photo of my dad, he's on the right getting all crazy with his homies, I think this might have been a play or something:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here he is with a giraffe. The giraffe owns a chain of toy stores that are located all over the country. He and my dad are still friends to this day.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's mom and dad in Chicago where they used to live, and where I was born.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And another pic of them keepin' it classy in front of their Firebird:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here are recent pics of mom and dad now, taken during my few days at home.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Oh nice move mom. I'll get a photo of you later...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Like right now! hahaha

My dad can be seen in this pic:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
He's posing all snooty with his wine glass despite his two rotten kids stinking up the picture.

As you can see, my parents are way different now then they were back in the swingin seventies. From the old pictures, it seems like they would be more apt to cut loose and party then, rather than now. I guess that's natural..

Wait...no my mom still cuts loose:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Life's nothing but a huge party for this woman.

These are but a mere fraction of the photographic gold I found in my old room. I still haven't even gone through all the pics I found of my awkward middle school years. Those will be a treat.

Until next time, thanks for taking this photographic journey with me.

Comments:
wow. super sweet. those childhood photos definitely offer some insight into a lot of your previously unexplainable personality quirks and random sleepwalking/bedwetting. yeah what happened to mom and dad?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?