Tuesday, February 21, 2006

President's Day!

President's Day Snow Summit Funtime Snowboarding Bonanza!
Image hosting by Photobucket

Really really cold? Check.

After what seemed like a lackluster snow season, we finally got some new snow during the President's Day weekend. I haven't been snowboarding in a whole year due to my knee surgery last February. I was anxious to get back on the slopes.

That excitement lasted about 4 agonizing runs. I started experiencing sharp stabbing pain in my knee, which told me "Get the fuck off the mountain". Which I did pronto. So much for snowboarding. I went into the lodge and spent the rest of the day drinking and eating. Perhaps I'll try again later this season, but it's kind of a bummer realizing that my knee will probably hurt while snowboarding for the rest of my life. Yay!

Check out what the cold dry air did to my hands
Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Ok so the pics don't really show it, but my hands had all these cracks and lines. It's like my hands were Robert Redford's face.

We stayed at The Block Hotel, which is Mark Frank Montoya's hotel. For those of you who don't know who he is, he's a pro snowboarder, that opened these hotels at various ski/snowboard areas. They're really nice, each room features a huge hdtv, vodka and red bull are provided free, nice overall feeling, although it is a bit too bro brah for me.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Later that night we hit up Stillwells, for booze and live music provided by these guys
Image hosting by Photobucket

We were the only ones there
Image hosting by Photobucket

Yeah! Party!

Then I went home the next day.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?